The Recovering Non-Alcoholic

Random musings, fun facts and innuendo galore!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

F'd Up Sight of the Day

Driving (well, riding in Rich's truck) up Route 128 (major state highway linked with I-95) during rush hour, we observed a driver reading a book. Specifically a paperback novel held between her hands, which appeared to be situated at 10 and 2 on the steering wheel.

Driver (noun): One who operates a motor vehicle
Rush hour (noun): Busy-ass time of day on roads or public transit
Book (noun): Something that should be read when one is not DRIVING!!!!!

WTF is wrong with people? I'm quite the bookworm myself. I read at home, at other people's homes, on the T, in cafes, in bookstores, in libraries, even in food courts full of screaming toddlers... but I don't read while I'm driving. Because I value my life and the lives of those around me.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That's absurd! Who on earth thinks that's a good idea? That's just an accident waiting to happen. No question.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home