The Recovering Non-Alcoholic

Random musings, fun facts and innuendo galore!

Thursday, December 08, 2005

Weird Dream

This week I've been filling in serving breakfasts at one of the elder housing properties managed by my mom (aka Maaaaaa) because the girl who usually does breakfast is out with strep throat. Poor girl! I sincerely hope she gets better, and not just because it means I have to work early in the morning.

Anyway, I was exhausted this morning. One woman asked for cinnamon raisin toast and I accidentally gave her cinnamon toast crunch! When my shift ended at 9:30 am I headed straight home and went to sleep. Didn't even stay up for the 10am Daily Show rebroadcast...

Next thing I know, I'm transplanted to a teen melodrama series, a la Degrassi: Next. Except we weren't in Toronto, we were in Danvers or Beverly or somewhere on the North Shore, but different than in real life. You know how dreams are...

So in my dream, I was one of several high school students in a regular middle-class American (or perhaps Canadian) town. Suddenly my town became an Islamic extremist theocracy, and I was Jewish. I'm not actually Jewish, but in my dream I had just converted and was learning to cook kosher meals when the town was taken over by the Muslim equivalent of the Third Reich. Jews like me were subject to a strict curfew, were not allowed to drive or ride bikes, and our homes and business were broken into by Gestapo-like forces. We could attend the same schools as Muslim students but were taught in separate classrooms. Violence regularly broke out between Muslim and Jewish students, many of whom were previously good friends. Families were torn apart. It was awful.

Then somehow toward the end of my dream a Gandhi-esque gentleman came along and got us to reconcile. I'm not sure how that happened either, but you know how dreams are. Then we were back in time during the Nixon administration, although Nixon looked a little different than he did in real life - once again, you know how dreams are. President Nixon himself caught the Gandhi-esque character in bed with a young woman who had blown him off for a date, and he became furious and killed the guy. I witnessed the crime but was powerless to bring the President to justice without putting myself in danger.

Then the dream turned into having to run to CVS or a similar store in the middle of a college basketball game - I think it was BC vs UGA - and not being able to find the item I was looking for while missing a game I really wanted to see, which was deeply frustrating but nowhere near as bad as the previous two dream sequences.

Then I woke up.

Anyone want to tell me what it all means?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:14 PM, Blogger Myasorubka said…

    It all points to the blatantly obvious fact that you miss me.
    -rs

    (awwwww)

     
  • At 8:17 PM, Blogger Chloe said…

    Of course I miss you poopie! Maybe I can talk the significant other into a SoCal trek next year...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home